I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Kallia Manika at Kallia’s Everyday Life, and I am really excited about it. As you may know, the Liebster Award is a phenomenon in the blogging world, and it is important for starting blogs as it gives readers an opportunity to find them and spreads the word about them.
Kallia’s blog is well-written and tackles interesting topics of everyday life and fashion, so it’s really worth checking out! I have followed her inspiring insights to life for a while now, and somehow the blog always succeeds in making me smile!
The rules are simple:
- Nominate 11 new bloggers that have less than 1,000 followers. In some rules, I have also seen the number 3,000 so those blogs may be eligible for nomination as well. To be sure though, I will stick with blogs with less than 1,000 followers.
- Post 11 random facts about you.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked from you and then ask your nominees new 11 questions.
- On your new blog post, make sure to give credit to your nominator. This is how we all get connected!
- Have fun and enjoy! We are all new, after all!
Random facts about me:
- My favorite author is Haruki Murakami.
- My favorite berry is raspberry.
- My favorite TV show is House Hunters.
- My favorite instrument is a viola.
- My favorite tree is a maple.
- My favorite time of a day is morning.
- My favorite cuisine is Thai.
- My favorite color is blue.
- My favorite season is all of them.
- My favorite music is symphonic metal (and country, lol).
- My favorite flower is an orchid.
Here are my answers to the questions that Kallia asked from me:
What is your fashion/style icon?
I don’t have one, but my favorite jewelry designer is Björn Weckström from Finland. His art is out of this world! Do you remember the first Star Wars movie (Episode 4)? Princess Leia’s neckpiece from the ceremony at the end of the movie was designed by this gentleman.
What is your biggest regret?
Not starting to blog about my journeys sooner.
If you could change one aspect of your life, what would it be?
To be able to do more communication consultation about listening! A lot of people are good at it, but often those who would really need to be great listeners take it for granted and don’t pay attention to it.
What is your thought process when you write a blog post?
I try to let readers see the destination through my eyes. I love being outdoors, so I write a lot about nature and different (national) parks, but I also enjoy exploring cities, finding out more about culture, and discovering restaurants and cafés that serve really tasty, authentic food. So, when I sit down and think about the things I’ve experienced, I always try to make the reader find something from my blog post that isn’t necessarily explained in the travel guides.
Where is your favorite destination?
If I think about the places I have already been to, it’s impossible to name just one, because each and every place is fascinating in its own way. However, if I mention one place that I would like to visit from each continent (except Antarctica), the list would look something like this:
Europe: Cliffs of Moher (Ireland)
North America: Banff National Park (Alberta, Canada)
South America: Iguazú Falls (Argentina/Brazil)
Asia: Nara (Japan)
Australia: Rotorua (New Zealand, and yes, I know that there’s some controversy about NZ being a part of the continent of Australia)
The three things that are a necessity for your daily routines.
Phone, computer, and clothes.
What is your favorite movie?
Snow Falling on Cedars.
Chocolate cake or Fruit Pie/Cake?
Neither, but some frozen yogurt would hit the spot.
What is your favorite perfume/cologne?
Either Issey Miyake’s L’eau D’Issey or Kenzo’s Flower by Kenzo. Both are minimalistic flower fragrances.
What would you say to your younger self, if you could?
Don’t worry about the big decisions that you’ll have to make, they’ll be the right ones for you even if they aren’t always the most conventional ones.
What is your favorite memory?
Sitting around a bonfire with my family and friends on our own beach on warm summer nights.
My nominees are:
- Sunset Travellers
- The Networking Mum
- The Rhoyal Report
- TechRod – Simply Geek
- Naz Trends
- Meet Nini
- Rob’s Shelter
- Mum In Practice
- Tips For New Bloggers
- Marina Writes Life
My questions for these bloggers are both about blogging in general and traveling, as mine is, after all, a travel blog. Here are the questions:
- What experience triggered it that you wanted to start blogging?
- What’s your target audience (more in detail than just “people interested in traveling”)?
- What makes your blog stand out among so many others?
- How do you choose the photos you attach to your blog postings? Is more better than less?
- If you had to summarize your life philosophy in one sentence, what would it be?
- Do you speak other languages than English? If so, what?
- What is the most memorable place you have been to and what made it unforgettable?
- What are the five cities that you’d want to go back to?
- What’s the experience that you would have wanted to share with someone when traveling but couldn’t because you were traveling solo?
- What three suggestions would you give to a XXX (whatever the topic of your blog is, like a traveler, mother, fashion lover, tech enthusiast…) on a tight budget?
- Name one attraction in your own country or state that you think everybody should visit?
I hope you all have as much fun with the Liebster Award nomination as I did! If you like to connect on fb or Twitter, you can find me at Am I Here Or What? or Zoe @ AmIHereOrWhat . Enjoy the journey you are on and be safe!